- Water deeply but infrequently: set your irrigation system or if you do it yourself, schedule to water your grass more deeply during the summer. The heat will absorb this water more quickly so you need to make it abundant. Don't do shallow watering every day, it is preferred to water with lots of water less frequently.
- Feed your grass every 6-8 weeks. A well fed grass grows thicker which cools the soil and crowds out weeds.
- In the summer, you can mow the lawn a little higher; this way the soil will be more protected and moist from the intense heat.
- Water early in the morning, this way you reduce the evaporation water waste.
- Reseed and renovate on dry or old patches. Some spots may have grown a variety that can't handle heat. You can replace them with heat friendly grass.
Moorpark, California 93021
Cell: (805) 573-0809